TIMREX is a newly started EIT RawMaterials project that will develop a Master’ Programme for Innovative Mineral Resource Exploration. The project started in the beginning of 2022, and it will be concluded at the end of 2024.
The Kick-off meeting was held on Friday 14th January 2022, online with the 10 partner institutions, including LPRC. A total of 20 participants had the chance to discuss the initials steps and work plan in TIMREX. From LPRC, Luís Lopes (leading WP4) and Márcio Tameirão (leading WP7) were present.
The meeting started with welcome words from Ferenc Mádai, the Project Coordinator, from University of Miskolc. Afterwards, each partner had a few seconds to briefly introduce themselves to the other participants. In the sequence, the Project Coordinator proceeded with an overview of TIMREX, the main objectives, timeline, and the KPIs to be pursued. Subsequently, both the universities and the industrial & research members of the consortium presented their organisations and their role in the project. In this ocasion, Luís Lopes presented LPRC and its competences to be brought to TIMREX.
The last session consisted of presentations of each Work Package, by their respective leaders, comprising its objectives, timeline and expected impacts:
- WP1 – Management and Governance (University of Miskolc)
- WP2 – Curriculum development towards Lighthouse targets (Wroclaw University of Science and Technology)
- WP3 – Mobility scheme development and labelling (University of Zagreb – Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering)
- WP4 – Innovation and Entrepreneurship modules development (La Palma Research Centre)
- WP5 – Mentoring and SOC competences development ( European Federation of Geologists)
- WP6 – Field program development, organization and coordination ( Luleå University of Technology)
- WP7 – Dissemination and outreach (La Palma Research Centre)
Follow the project updates and news on the website.