LPRC leads the SEAWINGS project!
La Palma Research Centre is the coordinator of a recently-funded EDF (European Defence Fund) project that has just started – SEAWINGS (Sea/Air Interphasic Wing-In-Ground Effect Autonomous Drones). The project was submitted to the Call “Open call dedicated to SMEs for development of innovative and future-oriented defence solutions”. The project will last for 42 months and has received a total funding of almost 4 Million Euros.
The SEAWINGS project will develop a new class of military surveillance drones to operate in the sea/air interface giving rise to a new type of unmanned craft, Unmanned Wing-In-Ground Vehicles, capable of very high payloads, inexpensive, long range that do no require infrastructure or launch vehicle for departure and landing.
The consortium for this innovative project includes:
- La Palma Research Centre SL (Coordinator) – Spain
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid – Spain
- INESC TEC – Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciencia – Portugal
- Trisolaris Advanced Technologies, Lda. – Portugal
- Zanasi Alessandro SRL – Italy
- Porvalor – Ativos de Engenharia Lda. – Portugal
More information can be found on the following images: