La Palma Research Centre is hiring one renewable energies specialist to be contracted in the framework of the «PROGRAMA INVESTIGO» that aims to select young people for the development and execution of research and innovation projects.
You will be part of the team working on the project “Knowledge of La Palma population about sustainable development, innovation and technology and experiences of local and regional cooperation.”
You will develop research around the perspectives and experiences of the population of La Palma and the Canary Islands about renewable energies.
Some guiding research questions can be: what does the population, and young people in particular, of La Palma and the Canary Islands know about the use of renewable energies? What is the social acceptance of the energetic transition? What are the current and potential challenges? What is the role of collective action?
Work responsibilities include:
- Definition of the research questions and research goals and targeted socioecological
- Planning of the research project including milestones and deadlines;
- Design and revision of the methodology, including data gathering and analysis tools. Participatory observation, questionnaires and interviews are expected to be some of the main tools;
- Data gathering;
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Discussion of results and conclusions;
- Proposal of new research lines and innovation projects.
First option: Master’s degree in renewable energies.
- Master’s degree in applied analysis for social sciences or industrial informatics and robotics;
- Phd candidates in renewable energies or social perception of technologies.
- Below 30 years old at the moment of starting the contract.
- Registered at the Servicio Canario de Empleo at the moment of starting the contract.
- No involvement with La Palma Research Centre the 6 months prior to the contract.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and oral).
- Prior experience in research projects in related fields.
What we offer
- A dynamic working environment as part of our multidisciplinary and international team;
- Occasional teleworking;
- Opportunity to enter in the EU project development and management field.
How to apply
Complete applications should consist of a blind (half page) motivation letter and a blind CV (both in Spanish and English). In particular, you should avoid any personal information, including personal picture, nationality, address, name, gender, age and birth date. You can include the initials of your name and your telephone number to be contacted.
Blind motivation letter and CV should be addressed as a single file to email@example.com with the reference “INVESTIGO” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online, or in person, depending on availability, as we receive the CVs, on a “first come, first served” basis. This means that the selection process will finish as soon as we cover the two positions, and, in any case, by 9th February 2024 the latest. All applications will be treated confidentially and applications that meet the required skills and qualifications will be contacted.
The candidates will be assessed following these criteria:
- Best adaptation of academic training to the research project.
- Having the precise academic degrees related with the research project, being authorised (“homologado”) by the Ministerio de Educación y Fromacion Profesional or the Ministerio de Universidades, providing the best capacities and competences to develop the research project.
This is a full-time, one-year position, to start the 22nd of February 2023 in Los Llanos de Aridane, La Palma. Lodging in La Palma will be necessary although occasional teleworking can be agreed. If needed, you may start working online and we can assist you with your move to La Palma during the following weeks.
The year gross salary will be 33.108,92€, non-negotiable.
Esta actuación se enmarca en el “Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia Financiado por la Unión Europea-NEXT GENERATION EU“