FIREFLY Project Manager
The candidate will participate in a novel Horizon Europe project that aims at improving the sustainability of the European chemical industry by creating innovative methods to reuse dismissed catalyst materials. Moreover, the project will support the transformation of existing chemical processes towards electrification with the overall aim of reducing Europe’s third-party dependence on catalyst metals.
The candidate will work as part of LPRC’s team and expected to lead the technical aspects of work package ‘Supply of waste catalyst’ and prepare a MFA (Material Flow Analysis) of commonly used catalyst materials and substances based on available scientific literature and databases.
Work responsibilities include:
- Description of processes, stocks of catalyst materials at a European level;
- Assessment of the quality of the data retrieved (e.g. conducting a mass balance check);
- Definition of boundaries of the MFA in collaboration with the other project partners;
- Summarizing the findings in a structured report and creating easy to use GISinventory (with the help of other LPRC team members);
- Overall follow-up of the project implementation and contribution to other work packages and projects upon demand.
- Academic degree (MSc, Phd) in chemistry or engineering (process/industrial/chemical);
- Good analytical skills and fluent English(written and oral).
- Prior experience in conducting MFA and dealing with scientific literature & datasets;
- Prior knowledge of the European chemical industry.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic working environment as part of our multidisciplinary and international team;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package (that includes travel and accommodation support for the time spent in our HQ, in La Palma);
- Part time teleworking;
- Opportunity to enter in the EU project development and management field.
How to apply
Complete applications should consist of a motivation letter and CV (both in English) and should be addressed as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org with a quoting reference “FIREFLY Project Manager” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide contact details of two referees (e.g. school or traineeship contacts) and will be interviewed online, or in person, if possible. Application deadline is 26th of February 2023 with interviews happening during early March 2023. All applications will be treated confidentially and applications that meet the required skills and qualifications will be contacted.
This is a full-time position, to start in April 2023 in the Brussels representation office and will be subject to a 3-month probation period. The candidates shall be preferably based in the vicinity of Brussels or a citizen of another European Member state and willing to invest in the necessary move to Belgium. A few weeks per year of stay at the company HQ in La Palma is envisaged. Teleworking of 2/3-days a week is envisaged (occasional longer periods are subject to agreement).