Junior Project Manager position
Who we are looking for
The Junior Project Manager will work on European research projects assisting the work of Project Managers on daily basis, with increasing responsibility over time on the coordination and execution of projects’ tasks. We are searching for candidates with a ‘can-do’ approach and creative mindset. The main tasks foreseen are the following:
- Providing input (e.g. literature review, policy analysis) related to technology road mapping tasks and foresight analysis;
- Assisting in the preparation for workshops & meetings organised by the company (often leading group work and prepare follow-up summaries);
- Participation at project meetings and workshops (various places in Europe) and preparation of minutes, blog posts and news for social media;
- Supporting several projects’ tasks including preparation of project reports and communication with internal and external parties on related activities.
- Academic degree (Bachelor or MSc) in geology, mining engineering, geological engineering, applied geosciences or a related technological discipline;
- Good analytical, writing and presentation skills (in English);
- Proactive, solution focussed mentality and with the ability to multi-task and work both independently & as part of a team.
- Research interest in robotics and information technologies related to raw materials exploration and extraction and/or in business economics , economic and strategic forecasting studies and tools;
- Outlook on European policies on raw materials; international raw materials diplomacy is an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of website editing (WordPress).
What We Offer
- A dynamic working environment as part of our young, multidisciplinary and international team;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package (that includes travel and accommodation support for the time spent in our HQ, in La Palma);
- Opportunity to start your career in the EU project development and management field.
How to apply
Complete applications should consist of a motivation letter and CV (both in English) and should be addressed as a single file to career
@lapalmacentre.eu with a quoting reference “Junior Project Manager” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide contact details of two referees (e.g. school or traineeship contacts) and will be interviewed online, or in person, if possible. Application deadline is 11th of September with interviews happening during the week of 16-20th of September. All applications will be treated confidentially but only applications that meet the required skills and qualifications will be contacted.
This is a full-time position, to start in November 2019 in the Brussels representation office and will be subject to a 3-month probation period. The candidates shall be preferably based in the vicinity of Brussels or a citizen of another European Member state and willing to invest in the necessary move to Belgium. A few weeks of stay at the company HQ in La Palma is envisaged. Occasional teleworking is subject to agreement.