Exploring new challenges of policymaking and future-oriented frames and methods to respond to them is the aim of the Joint Research Centre (JRC) FTA2018 conference – Future in the making. The organisers encourage foresighters, policymakers, practitioners, designers, academics or a future-thinkers to participate and explore the future at the FTA2018.
The conference is to contribute to transformation and innovation in policymaking by:
- Presenting and debating insights from recent future-oriented work on specific policy relevant topics;
- Sharing experiences of how foresight has been used in policymaking
- Demonstrating how foresight has influenced policy processes and decisions;
- Supporting the advancement of methods, practices and complementary approaches to changing policymaking needs;
- Stimulating the uptake of these approaches and exchange between practitioners and policymakers.
Reference and registration: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/fta2018